What you need to get started
Before using Google Home to control your devices, make sure you meet the following conditions.
- A Google Home device, or Android phone with Google Assistant.
- Latest Google Home App.
- Latest Google App (Android only)
- A Google account.
- The device display language must be set to English US.
- Tuya Smart App and a related account.
- Smart devices.
Add devices in Tuya Smart App (Refer to App Instruction)
You can skip this part if you’ve already add some devices to your Tuya Smart account, and in the meantime the devices’ name are easily recognized.
Download Tuya Smart App (Refer to App Instruction)
You can scan the QR code below to download the Tuya Smart App ：
You can also search “Tuya Smart” in either App Store or Google Play to install the App.
Note: “Tuya Smart” App is just a App name (for example), you can download your App.
Register a Tuya Smart account and sign in the App (Refer to App Instruction)
Open the Tuya Smart App, tap “Register” to register an account, then sign in the App.
Add device and change device’s name (Refer to App Instruction)
Sign in with the Tuya Smart account, add the device, then change device name to a easily recognized word or phrase, like “bedroom light”.
Set up Google Home and configure in Home Control
Configuration needs Google Home App. Search “Google Home” in App Store or Google Play to install the App.
Set up Google Home with Google Home App
You can skip this part if your Google Home is already set up.
- Make sure your Google Home is energized and four colored lights on the top are on which means that it is in a state of waiting for a connection.
- Make sure Google Home is in a Wi-Fi network that has smooth access to Google services.
- Open the Google Home App, the device will automatically Appear in the “Discover” page.
- Click “SET UP” to start connecting to Google speakers and click “YES” after you hear the voice prompts.
- Help improve Google Home and click “YES, I’M IN” in the lower right corner.
- Choose a location for Google Home, for example, choose “bedroom”.
- Choose your WI-FI network to set up your Google Home.
- After successfully connected, the App page will display as follows.